Pneumonia due to Cryptococcus Transmission
Facts about cryptococcal infection:
- Cryptococcus is present in the environment: everyone is exposed.
- Infection occurs from the inhalation of the fungus.
- Human-to-human transmission is extremely rare.
Continue to Pneumonia due to Cryptococcus Types
- Revenga F, Paricio JF, Merino FJ, Nebreda T, Ramirez T, Martinez AM. Primary cutaneous cryptococcosis in an immunocompetent host: case report and review of the literature. Dermatology. 2002;204(2):145-9. 
- The University of South Alabama Headache Center. Cryptococcal meningitis: not restricted to the "at risk" population. Headache. 2005 Apr;45(4):372-3.