Pneumonia due to Bacteria Complications
Complications of bacterial pneumonia include:
Continue to Pneumonia due to Bacteria Underlying Cause
- Fine MJ, Smith MA, Carson CA: Prognosis and outcomes of patients with community-acquired pneumonia. A meta-analysis. JAMA 1996 Jan 10; 275(2): 134-41. 
- Musher DM, Alexandraki I, Graviss EA: Bacteremic and nonbacteremic pneumococcal pneumonia. A prospective study. Medicine (Baltimore) 2000 Jul; 79(4): 210-21. 
- Read RC: Evidence-based medicine: empiric antibiotic therapy in community-acquired pneumonia. J Infect 1999 Nov; 39(3): 171-8. 
- Ruiz-Gonzalez A, Falguera M, Vives M: Community-acquired pneumonia: development of a bedside predictive model and scoring system to identify the aetiology. Respir Med 2000 May; 94(5): 505-10. 
- Shorr AF. Preventing pneumonia: the role for pneumococcal and influenza vaccines. Clin Chest Med. 2005 Mar;26(1):123-34.