Pneumonia Chlamydia Treatment
Treatment for chlamydia pneumonia usually includes rest, antibiotics, cough medications, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain and fever.
Treatment for chlamydia pneumonia may include:
- Antibiotics for chlamydia pneumonia:
- Erythromycin (E.E.S., E-Mycin, Ery-Tabs)
- Telithromycin (Ketek)
- Levofloxacin (Levaquin)
- Doxycycline (Vibramycin)
- Moxifloxacin (Avelox)
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- Tetracycline (Sumycin)
- Inhalers for wheezing:
- Cough medications:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, NeoProfen)
- Ketoprofen (Actron, Orudis, Oruvail)
- Naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, Aleve)
- Oxygen therapy:
Pneumonia Chlamydia Questions For Doctor
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Pneumonia Chlamydia Specialist
Continue to Pneumonia Chlamydia Home Care
- Hammerschlag MR. Advances in the management of Chlamydia pneumoniae infections. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2003 Oct;1(3):493-503. 
- Hammerschlag MR. Chlamydia trachomatis and Chlamydia pneumoniae infections in children and adolescents. Pediatr Rev. 2004 Feb;25(2):43-51. 
- Karnak D, Beder S. Treatment of Chlamydia pneumoniae infection and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2002 Oct;3(10):1461-70. 
- Sinaniotis CA, Sinaniotis AC. Community-acquired pneumonia in children. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2005 May;11(3):218-25.