Plantar Warts Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of plantar warts.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How do I avoid spreading warts to others?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for warts?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Plantar Warts Specialist
- Agius E, Mooney JM, Bezzina AC, Yu RC. Dermojet delivery of bleomycin for the treatment of recalcitrant plantar warts. J Dermatolog Treat. 2006;17(2):112-6. 
- Bacelieri R, Johnson SM. Cutaneous warts: an evidence-based approach to therapy. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Aug 15;72(4):647-52. 
- Focht DR 3rd, Spicer C, Fairchok MP. The efficacy of duct tape vs cryotherapy in the treatment of verruca vulgaris (the common wart). Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002 Oct;156(10):971-4. 
- Lewis TG, Nydorf ED. Intralesional bleomycin for warts: a review. J Drugs Dermatol. 2006 Jun;5(6):499-504. 
- Mullen BR, Guiliana JV, Nesheiwat F. Cimetidine as a first-line therapy for pedal verruca: eight-year retrospective analysis. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005 May-Jun;95(3):229-34.