Placental Abruption Incidence
Facts about placental abruption:
- Placental abruption occurs in about 1 percent of pregnancies in the US.
- Recurrent placental abruption occurs in about 15 percent of women who have had a prior abruption.
Continue to Placental Abruption Risk Factors
- Hladky K, Yankowitz J, Hansen WF. Placental abruption. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2002 May;57(5):299-305. 
- Kayani SI, Walkinshaw SA, Preston C. Pregnancy outcome in severe placental abruption. BJOG. 2003 Jul;110(7):679-83. 
- Neilson JP. Interventions for treating placental abruption. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003;(1):CD003247.