Placenta Previa Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of placenta previa.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need a Cesarean section?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having a placental abruption again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Placenta Previa Specialist
- Bhide A, Thilaganathan B. Recent advances in the management of placenta previa. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Dec;16(6):447-51. 
- Crane JM, Van den Hof MC, Dodds L, Armson BA, Liston R. Maternal complications with placenta previa. Am J Perinatol. 2000;17(2):101-5. 
- Sheiner E, Shoham-Vardi I, Hallak M, Hershkowitz R, Katz M, Mazor M. Placenta previa: obstetric risk factors and pregnancy outcome. J Matern Fetal Med. 2001 Dec;10(6):414-9.