Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care taking control warning signs Underlying Cause Genetics
Facts about phenylketonuria:
- The incidence of this condition in the United States is about 1 in 16,000 newborns.
- It is rare in Jews and in African Americans.
Continue to PKU Symptoms
PubMed PKU References
- Channon S, German E, Cassina C, Lee P. Executive functioning, memory, and learning in phenylketonuria. Neuropsychology. 2004 Oct;18(4):613-20. 
- Sullivan JE, Chang P. Review: emotional and behavioral functioning in phenylketonuria. J Pediatr Psychol. 1999 Jun;24(3):281-99. 
- Wappner R, Cho S, Kronmal RA, Schuett V, Seashore MR. Management of phenylketonuria for optimal outcome: a review of guidelines for phenylketonuria management and a report of surveys of parents, patients, and clinic directors. Pediatrics. 1999 Dec;104(6):e68.