Prevention of pinworms includes:
- Avoid contact with people who have pinworms.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Keep fingernails trimmed.
- Keep your fingers away from your nose and mouth.
- Wash your anus and genitals once a day in the shower.
Continue to Pinworms Outlook
- Chan OT, Lee EK, Hardman JM, Navin JJ. The cockroach as a host for Trichinella and Enterobius vermicularis: implications for public health. Hawaii Med J. 2004 Mar;63(3):74-7. 
- Dahlstrom JE, Macarthur EB. Enterobius vermicularis: a possible cause of symptoms resembling appendicitis. Aust N Z J Surg. 1994 Oct;64(10):692-4.