Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care itching warning signs Prevention Outlook Underlying Cause Transmission
Facts about pinworms:
- About 20 percent of children between 5 and 10 years old are infected with pinworms each year in the US.
- Pinworms are more common in girls than in boys.
- Pinworms are more common in children than in adults.
Continue to Pinworms Risk Factors
PubMed Pinworms References
- Chan OT, Lee EK, Hardman JM, Navin JJ. The cockroach as a host for Trichinella and Enterobius vermicularis: implications for public health. Hawaii Med J. 2004 Mar;63(3):74-7. 
- Dahlstrom JE, Macarthur EB. Enterobius vermicularis: a possible cause of symptoms resembling appendicitis. Aust N Z J Surg. 1994 Oct;64(10):692-4.