Pineal Tumor Incidence
Facts about pineal tumors:
- Pineal tumors are rare.
- Pineal tumors represent less than 1 percent of brain tumors.
- Pineal tumors mainly occur in young children.
- The average age of patients at the time of diagnosis is 13 years.
Continue to Pineal Tumor Symptoms
- Amendola BE, Wolf A, Coy SR, Amendola MA, Eber D. Pineal tumors: analysis of treatment results in 20 patients. J Neurosurg. 2005 Jan;102 Suppl:175-9. 
- Nakamura M, Saeki N, Iwadate Y, Sunami K, Osato K, Yamaura A. Neuroradiological characteristics of pineocytoma and pineoblastoma. Neuroradiology. 2000 Jul;42(7):509-14. 
- Parwani AV, Baisden BL, Erozan YS, Burger PC, Ali SZ. Pineal gland lesions: a cytopathologic study of 20 specimens. Cancer. 2005 Apr 25;105(2):80-6.