Pilonidal Abscess Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of pilonidal abscess.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for another pilonidal abscess?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Pilonidal Abscess Specialist
- Comparison between three therapeutic modalities for non-complicated pilonidal sinus disease. Surgeon. 2005 Apr;3(2):73-7. 
- Gupta PJ. A randomized study between excision and marsupialization and radiofrequency sinus excision in sacro-coccygeal pilonidal disease. Curr Surg. 2004 May-Jun;61(3):307-12. 
- Landa N, Aller O, Landa-Gundin N, Torrontegui J, Azpiazu JL. Successful treatment of recurrent pilonidal sinus with laser epilation. Dermatol Surg. 2005 Jun;31(6):726-8.