Pigment Loss in the Skin Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of vitiligo.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for worsening vitiligo?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Pigment Loss in the Skin Specialist
- Arroyo MP, Tift L. Vitiligo therapy: where are we now? J Drugs Dermatol. 2003 Aug;2(4):404-8. 
- Boissy RE, Manga P. On the etiology of contact/occupational vitiligo. Pigment Cell Res. 2004 Jun;17(3):208-14. 
- Dogra S, Parsad D, Handa S, Kanwar AJ. Late onset vitiligo: a study of 182 patients. Int J Dermatol. 2005 Mar;44(3):193-6. 
- Kostovic K, Pasic A. New treatment modalities for vitiligo: focus on topical immunomodulators. Drugs. 2005;65(4):447-59. 
- Mason CP, Gawkrodger DJ. Vitiligo presentation in adults. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2005 Jul;30(4):344-5.