Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain and fever vomiting warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
- Lower abdominal tenderness
- Vaginal discharge
- Pus draining from the cervix
Tests are necessary to make the diagnosis of pelvic inflammatory disease.
Tests that may be used to evaluate pelvic inflammatory disease include:
Continue to PID Treatment
PubMed PID References
- Banikarim C, Chacko MR. Pelvic inflammatory disease in adolescents. Semin Pediatr Infect Dis. 2005 Jul;16(3):175-80. 
- Beigi RH, Wiesenfeld HC. Pelvic inflammatory disease: new diagnostic criteria and treatment. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2003 Dec;30(4):777-93. 
- Cassell J, Kell P, Adler M. Pelvic inflammatory disease: a review. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care. 1997 Oct;3(10):20-3. 
- Wiesenfeld HC, Sweet RL, Ness RB, Krohn MA, Amortegui AJ, Hillier SL. Comparison of acute and subclinical pelvic inflammatory disease. Sex Transm Dis. 2005 Jul;32(7):400-5.