Phimosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of phimosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Do I need medication?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for phimosis complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Phimosis Home Care
- Ashfield JE, Nickel KR, Siemens DR, MacNeily AE, Nickel JC. Treatment of phimosis with topical steroids in 194 children. J Urol. 2003 Mar;169(3):1106-8. 
- Blalock HJ, Vemulakonda V, Ritchey ML, Ribbeck M. Outpatient management of phimosis following newborn circumcision. J Urol. 2003 Jun;169(6):2332-4. 
- Shankar KR, Rickwood AM. The incidence of phimosis in boys. BJU Int. 1999 Jul;84(1):101-2. 
- Van Howe RS. Cost-effective treatment of phimosis. Pediatrics. 1998 Oct;102(4):E43.