Pharynx Red Treatment
Treatment for a red throat depends on the underlying cause. Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics while viral infections are generally self-limited and resolve without treatment.
Treatment for a red throat may include:
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- To treat bacterial pharyngitis
- Acetaminophen for pain
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, NeoProfen)
- Ketoprofen (Actron, Orudis, Oruvail)
- Naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, Aleve)
- Take nonprescription medication for sore throat:
For more information:
Continue to Pharynx Red Underlying Cause