Pharynx Cancer Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of pharyngeal cancer.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need speech therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk of pharyngeal cancer complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Pharynx Cancer Specialist
- Chainani-Wu N. Diet and oral, pharyngeal, and esophageal cancer. Nutr Cancer. 2002;44(2):104-26. 
- Fioretti F, Bosetti C, Tavani A, Franceschi S, La Vecchia C. Risk factors for oral and pharyngeal cancer in never smokers. Oral Oncol. 1999 Jul;35(4):375-8. 
- Pelucchi C, Talamini R, Negri E, Levi F, Conti E, Franceschi S, La Vecchia C. Folate intake and risk of oral and pharyngeal cancer. Ann Oncol. 2003 Nov;14(11):1677-81. 
- Rodriguez T, Altieri A, Chatenoud L, Gallus S, Bosetti C, Negri E, Franceschi S, Levi F, Talamini R, La Vecchia C. Risk factors for oral and pharyngeal cancer in young adults. Oral Oncol. 2004 Feb;40(2):207-13.