Perthes Disease Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for Legg Perthes disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Perthes Disease Specialist
- Balasa VV, Gruppo RA, Glueck CJ, Wang P, Roy DR, Wall EJ, Mehlman CT, Crawford AH. Legg-Calve-Perthes disease and thrombophilia. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004 Dec;86-A(12):2642-7. 
- Glueck CJ, Crawford A, Roy D, Freiberg R, Glueck H, Stroop D. Association of antithrombotic factor deficiencies and hypofibrinolysis with Legg-Perthes disease. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1996 Jan;78(1):3-13. 
- Glueck CJ, Freiberg RA, Crawford A, Gruppo R, Roy D, Tracy T, Sieve-Smith L, Wang P. Secondhand smoke, hypofibrinolysis, and Legg-Perthes disease. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1998 Jul;(352):159-67. 
- Reinker KA. Early diagnosis and treatment of hinge abduction in Legg-Perthes disease. J Pediatr Orthop. 1996 Jan-Feb;16(1):3-9.