Personality Disorder Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of a personality disorder.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Do I need medication?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Will I need therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for depression?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Personality Disorder Specialist
- Cassin SE, von Ranson KM. Personality and eating disorders: A decade in Clin Psychol Rev. 2005 Aug 12. 
- Johnson JG, Cohen P, Kasen S, Brook JS. Personality disorders evident by early adulthood and risk for anxiety disorders during middle adulthood. J Anxiety Disord. 2005 Jul 26. 
- Shedler J, Westen D: Refining personality disorder diagnosis: integrating science and practice. Am J Psychiatry 2004 Aug; 161(8): 1350-65.