Personality Disorder Histrionic Home Care
- Keep regularly scheduled doctor visits.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
- Reduce stress.
Personality Disorder Histrionic Stress
- Accept what you cannot change.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Associate with people you enjoy and who treat you well.
- Consider life as challenges to seek not obstacles to avoid.
- Do not be dominated by one thing such as work or relationships.
- Do not feel guilty when you have to say "no" to extra duties or tasks. Respect your limitations.
- Energize your body with regular exercise.
- Engage in hobbies.
- Find the joy in giving.
- Fuel your body with healthy foods and avoid drugs and alcohol.
- Get a regular fresh air and sunshine.
- Have the courage to be imperfect.
- Keep your sleep habits regular.
- Make a list of all the stresses that cause you distress. Dispose of the ones you can and reduce your exposure to the others as much as possible.
- Pamper yourself with simple pleasures that give you joy.
- Practice relaxation and meditation.
- Realize that you are responsible for how you feel.
- Reevaluate and rearrange your priorities.
- Remember it is all right to cry.
- Schedule time for fun. Laughter dissolves tension.
- Seek professional help with overwhelming hard to solve problems.
- Take a few minutes of quiet time each day just for you to rejuvenate.
- Talking with someone you trust can be the best medicine.
- Try new experiences.
- Strictly avoiding stimulants may help many people. This includes substances such as:
Personality Disorder Histrionic Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have histrionic personality disorder and any of the following:
Continue to Personality Disorder Histrionic Underlying Cause
- Cale EM, Lilienfeld SO. Histrionic personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder: sex-differentiated manifestations of psychopathy? J Personal Disord. 2002 Feb;16(1):52-72. 
- Horowitz MJ. Psychotherapy for histrionic personality disorder. J Psychother Pract Res. 1997 Spring;6(2):93-104.