Personality Disorder Borderline Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of borderline personality disorder.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for depression and stress?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Personality Disorder Borderline Specialist
- Oldham JM. Borderline personality disorder: the treatment dilemma. J Psychiatr Pract. 2004 May;10(3):204-6. 
- Paris J. Recent advances in the treatment of borderline personality disorder. Can J Psychiatry. 2005 Jul;50(8):435-41. 
- Shedler J, Westen D: Refining personality disorder diagnosis: integrating science and practice. Am J Psychiatry 2004 Aug; 161(8): 1350-65. 
- Soloff PH: Psychopharmacology of borderline personality disorder. Psychiatr Clin North Am 2000 Mar; 23(1): 169-92, ix.