Persistent Hepatitis Chronic Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of chronic persistent hepatitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Persistent Hepatitis Chronic Specialist
- Ferenci P. Treatment of chronic viral hepatitis. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2004;18 Suppl:113-20. 
- Kanwal F, Gralnek IM, Martin P, Dulai GS, Farid M, Spiegel BM. Treatment alternatives for chronic hepatitis B virus infection: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2005 May 17;142(10):821-31. 
- Kim AI, Saab S. Treatment of hepatitis C. Am J Med. 2005 Aug;118(8):808-15. 
- Sherman M, Bain V, Villeneuve JP, Myers RP, Cooper C, Martin S, Lowe C. The management of chronic viral hepatitis: a Canadian consensus conference 2004. Can J Gastroenterol. 2004 Dec;18(12):715-28.