Periods are Irregular Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for irregular menstrual periods.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Periods are Irregular Specialist
- Ballard L, Lyon DS, Jones JL. Inpatients with menometrorrhagia: etiologies, treatments, and outcomes. South Med J. 2000 Jun;93(6):571-4. 
- Browner-Elhanan KJ, Epstein J, Alderman EM. Evaluation of irregular menses in perimenarcheal girls: a pilot study. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2003 Dec;16(6):365-8. 
- Haver MC, Locksmith GJ, Emmet E. Irregular menses: an independent risk factor for gestational diabetes mellitus. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003 May;188(5):1189-91.