Peptic Ulcer Disease Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of peptic ulcer disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for peptic ulcer disease complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Peptic Ulcer Disease Specialist
- Bodger K, Daly MJ, Heatley RV. Clinical economics review: Helicobacter pylori-associated peptic ulcer disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1997 Apr;11(2):273-82. 
- Ford A, Delaney B, Forman D, Moayyedi P. Eradication therapy for peptic ulcer disease in Helicobacter pylori positive patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004 Oct 18;(4):CD003840. 
- Ford AC, Delaney BC, Forman D, Moayyedi P. Eradication therapy in Helicobacter pylori positive peptic ulcer disease: systematic review and economic analysis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004 Sep;99(9):1833-55. 
- Vakil N, Fennerty MB. Direct comparative trials of the efficacy of proton pump inhibitors in the management of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and peptic ulcer disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2003 Sep 15;18(6):559-68.