Penis Bleeding after Circumcision Home Care
- Apply Vaseline and gauze to the tip of the penis for the first 24 hours.
- After the first 24 hours, continue to apply Vaseline to the tip of the penis for the next 3-4 days.
- Apply the diaper loosely and change the diaper frequently for the first several days. This will reduce the risk of infection and keep the penis from becoming irritated.
- Wash the penis with plain water and pat dry for the first few days.
- A yellow, odorless discharge may be present on the second day after circumcision. This is normal and does not suggest an infection.
Penis Bleeding after Circumcision Warning Signs
Notify your doctor for circumcision problems and any of the following:
Continue to Penis Bleeding after Circumcision Complications
- Alanis MC, Lucidi RS. Neonatal circumcision: a review of the world's oldest and most controversial operation. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2004 May;59(5):379-95. 
- Brady-Fryer B, Wiebe N, Lander JA. Pain relief for neonatal circumcision. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004 Oct 18;(4):CD004217. 
- Garry DJ, Swoboda E, Elimian A, Figueroa R. A video study of pain relief during newborn male circumcision. J Perinatol. 2006 Feb;26(2):106-10. 
- Ozkan KU, Gonen M, Sahinkanat T, Resim S, Celik M. Wound approximation with tissue glue in circumcision. Int J Urol. 2005 Apr;12(4):374-7.