Patellar Tendon Rupture Evaluation
- Inability to straighten the knee
- Knee tenderness:
- Leg tenderness:
- Over the tibia, just below the kneecap
- Abnormal position of the kneecap:
- The kneecap moves up, over the thigh
Tests may not necessary to make the diagnosis of patellar tendon rupture. Imaging tests help exclude injuries to the bone.
Tests that may be used to evaluate patellar tendon rupture include:
Patellar Tendon Rupture Similar Conditions
Other conditions that may cause symptoms similar to a patella tendon rupture include:
Continue to Patellar Tendon Rupture Treatment
- Enad JG. Patellar tendon ruptures. South Med J. 1999 Jun;92(6):563-6. 
- Kellersmann R, Blattert TR, Weckbach A. Bilateral patellar tendon rupture without predisposing systemic disease or steroid use: a case report and review of the literature. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2005 Mar;125(2):127-33. Epub 2005 Jan 12. 
- Maffulli N, Wong J. Rupture of the Achilles and patellar tendons. Clin Sports Med. 2003 Oct;22(4):761-76.