Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pulse check stress warning signs Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia Stress
- Accept what you cannot change.
- Allow yourself to cry.
- Allow yourself to experience simple pleasures that give you joy.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Associate with people you enjoy and who treat you well.
- Avoid drugs and alcohol.
- Do not be dominated by one thing, such as work or relationships.
- Do not feel guilty when you have to say "no" to extra duties or tasks.
- Donate some of your time in order to help others.
- Energize your body with regular exercise.
- Engage in hobbies.
- Fuel your body with healthy foods
- Have the courage to be imperfect.
- Make a list of all the stresses that cause you distress: dispose of the ones you can and reduce your exposure to the others as much as possible.
- Practice relaxation and meditation.
- Reevaluate and rearrange your priorities.
- Schedule time for fun. Laughter dissolves tension.
- Seek professional help when you are overwhelmed.
- Stay on a regular sleep schedule.
- Take a few minutes of quiet time each day.
- Take responsibility for how you feel.
- Talk with someone you trust.
- Avoid stimulants, such as:
PubMed Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia References
- Betts TR, Goldberger JJ, Kadish AH. Frequency and characteristics of progressive aberrancy during supraventricular tachycardia. Am J Cardiol. 2003 Sep 15;92(6):736-9. 
- Goebel PJ, Daya MR, Gunnels MD. Accuracy of arrhythmia recognition in paramedic treatment of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia: a ten-year review. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2004 Apr-Jun;8(2):166-70. 
- Losek JD, Endom E, Dietrich A, Stewart G, Zempsky W, Smith K. Adenosine and pediatric supraventricular tachycardia in the emergency department: multicenter study and review. Ann Emerg Med. 1999 Feb;33(2):185-91. 
- Porter MJ, Morton JB, Denman R, et al. Influence of age and gender on the mechanism of supraventricular tachycardia. Heart Rhythm. 2004 Oct;1(4):393-6.