Pancreas Inflamed Questions For Doctor
Notify your doctor if you have pancreatitis and any of the following:
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having pancreatitis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Pancreas Inflamed Specialist
- Enns R, Baillie J. Review article: the treatment of acute biliary pancreatitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1999 Nov;13(11):1379-89. 
- McArthur KE. Review article: drug-induced pancreatitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1996 Feb;10(1):23-38. 
- Stevens T, Conwell DL, Zuccaro G. Pathogenesis of chronic pancreatitis: an evidence-based review of past theories and recent developments. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004 Nov;99(11):2256-70.