Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain control warning signs Prevention Underlying Cause Anatomy
Palsy Ulnar Nerve Evaluation
- Hand numbness (unilateral):
- Usually located in the ring finger and little finger
- Hand pain:
- Triggered by tapping lightly over the elbow
- Hand weakness:
- Muscle weakness in the thumb
Tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of ulnar neuritis.
Tests that may be used to evaluate ulnar neuritis include:
Continue to Palsy Ulnar Nerve Treatment
PubMed Palsy Ulnar Nerve References
- Ciccotti MG, Jobe FW. Medial collateral ligament instability and ulnar neuritis in the athlete's elbow. Instr Course Lect. 1999;48:383-91. 
- Ebenezer M, Andrews P, Solomon S. Comparative trial of steroids and surgical intervention in the management of ulnar neuritis. Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 1996 Sep;64(3):282-6.