Painful Vagina Outlook
What to expect with vaginal pain:
- Vaginal pain usually responds well to treatment of the underlying cause.
- Vaginal pain without an underlying cause is uncommon and referred to as vulvodynia.
Continue to Painful Vagina Underlying Cause
- Edwards L. New concepts in vulvodynia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003 Sep;189(3 Suppl):S24-30. 
- Edwards L. Subsets of vulvodynia: overlapping characteristics. J Reprod Med. 2004 Nov;49(11):883-7. 
- Haefner HK, Collins ME, Davis GD, Edwards L, Foster DC, Hartmann ED, Kaufman RH, Lynch PJ, Margesson LJ, Moyal-Barracco M, Piper CK, Reed BD, Stewart EG, Wilkinson EJ. The vulvodynia guideline. J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2005 Jan;9(1):40-51. 
- Lotery HE, McClure N, Galask RP. Vulvodynia. Lancet. 2004 Mar 27;363(9414):1058-60.