Painful Urination after Intercourse Surgery
Surgical procedures for a urethral syndrome may include:
- Urethral dilation:
- Gradually-increasing sizes of metal rods are placed in the urethra, in order to stretch the urethra.
- Useful only in those women who have a narrowed urethra.
- Implantable electrical stimulator:
- Stimulate muscles that control urination, in order to reduce symptoms
- InterSym system
- Laser therapy for urethral syndrome:
- A laser is used to burn inflamed areas of the urethra.
Continue to Painful Urination after Intercourse Home Care
- Haarala M, Kiilholma P, Lehtonen OP. Urinary bacterial flora of women with urethral syndrome and interstitial cystitis. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1999;47(1):42-4. 
- Mutlu B, Mutlu N, Yucesoy G. The incidence of Chlamydia trachomatis in women with urethral syndrome. Int J Clin Pract. 2001 Oct;55(8):525-6. 
- Skerk V, Schonwald S, Krhen I, Rusinovic M, Strapac Z, Vukovic J. Azithromycin and doxycycline in the treatment of female patients with acute urethral syndrome caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum: significance of duration of clinical symptoms. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 2001;27(4):135-9.