Painful Sole of Foot Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of plantar fasciitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need surgery?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having plantar fasciitis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Painful Sole of Foot Specialist
- Cunnane G, Brophy DP, Gibney RG, FitzGerald O. Diagnosis and treatment of heel pain in chronic inflammatory arthritis using ultrasound. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 1996 Jun;25(6):383-9. 
- La Porta GA, La Fata PC. Pathologic conditions of the plantar fascia. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2005 Jan;22(1):1-9, v. 
- Roxas M. Plantar fasciitis: diagnosis and therapeutic considerations. Altern Med Rev. 2005 Jun;10(2):83-93.