Painful Monthly Cycles Incidence
Facts about painful menstrual periods:
- About 50 percent of women have pain during menstrual periods.
- About 10 percent of women have pain during the menstrual period that interrupts normal daily activities.
- Painful menstrual periods are most common in women between the ages of 15 and 25.
Continue to Painful Monthly Cycles Risk Factors
- Coco AS. Primary dysmenorrhea. Am Fam Physician. 1999 Aug;60(2):489-96. 
- Davis AR, Westhoff CL. Primary dysmenorrhea in adolescent girls and treatment with oral contraceptives. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2001 Feb;14(1):3-8. 
- Mehlisch DR. Double-blind crossover comparison of ketoprofen, naproxen, and placebo in patients with primary dysmenorrhea. Clin Ther. 1990 Sep-Oct;12(5):398-409.