Painful Leg Veins Prevention
Prevention of thrombophlebitis includes:
- Do not wear girdles, garters, or panty hose with tight elastic tops.
- Regular exercise program
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods.
- Get up from your desk every couple of hours to stretch your legs.
- Elevate your legs while sitting.
Continue to Painful Leg Veins Outlook
- Belcaro G, Nicolaides AN, Errichi BM, Cesarone MR, De Sanctis MT, Incandela L, Venniker R. Superficial thrombophlebitis of the legs: a randomized, controlled, follow-up study. Angiology. 1999 Jul;50(7):523-9. 
- Schonauer V, Kyrle PA, Weltermann A, Minar E, Bialonczyk C, Hirschl M, Quehenberger P, Schneider B, Partsch H, Eichinger S. Superficial thrombophlebitis and risk for recurrent venous thromboembolism. J Vasc Surg. 2003 Apr;37(4):834-8. 
- Unno N, Mitsuoka H, Uchiyama T, Yamamoto N, Saito T, Ishimaru K, Kaneko H, Nakamura S. Superficial thrombophlebitis of the lower limbs in patients with varicose veins. Surg Today. 2002;32(5):397-401.