Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain in adults pain in children skin wound using a cane using a walker using crutches warning signs Underlying Cause Anatomy
Painful Knee after Injury Evaluation
- Mild knee tenderness
- Mild knee swelling
- Mild knee bruising
- Normal walking
- Normal range of motion
- Skin wound:
Physical findings of a severe knee injury may include:
- Knee bruising
- Decreased range of motion in the injured knee
- Knee deformity
- Inability to stand
- Numbness in the leg below the knee
- Knee swelling
- Tenderness over the bones of the knee
- Weakness in the lower leg or foot
Tests are necessary to confirm this diagnosis.
Tests may include
For more information:
Continue to Painful Knee after Injury Treatment
PubMed Painful Knee after Injury References
- Drabicki RR, Greer WJ, DeMeo PJ. Stress fractures around the knee. Clin Sports Med. 2006 Jan;25(1):105-15, ix. 
- Fredericson M, Yoon K. Physical examination and patellofemoral pain syndrome. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2006 Mar;85(3):234-43.
- Garnett WR. GI effects of OTC analgesics: implications for product selection. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash). 1996 Sep;NS36(9):565-72. 
- Jordan K, Jinks C, Croft P. A prospective study of the consulting behaviour of older people with knee pain. Br J Gen Pract. 2006 Apr;56(525):269-76. 
- Khan Z, Faruqui Z, Ogyunbiyi O, Rosset G, Iqbal J. Ultrasound assessment of internal derangement of the knee. Acta Orthop Belg. 2006 Jan;72(1):72-6. 
- Mitchell HL, Carr AJ, Scott DL. The management of knee pain in primary care: factors associated with consulting the GP and referrals to secondary care. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006 Jun;45(6):771-6. 
- Rose NE, Gold SM. A comparison of accuracy between clinical examination and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of meniscal and anterior cruciate ligament tears. Arthroscopy. 1996 Aug;12(4):398-405.
- Scharf HP, Mansmann U, Streitberger K, Witte S, Kramer J, Maier C, Trampisch HJ, Victor N. Acupuncture and knee osteoarthritis: a three-armed randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2006 Jul 4;145(1):12-20.