Painful Hip after Injury Prevention
Prevention of hip injuries includes:
- Osteoporosis treatment
- Exercise plan developed with your doctor
- Eat a high calcium diet.
- Take calcium supplements
- If your balance is poor:
- Use a walker if balance is poor.
- Wear padded underwear that protects the hips.
- Reduce the risk of falling in the home:
- Anchor rugs to the floor
- Install handrails in bathrooms, halls, and stairways
- Minimize clutter on the floor
- Remove loose wires from the home
- Use non-skid mats
- Wear shoes with non-slip soles
Continue to Painful Hip after Injury Complications
- Dominguez S, Liu P, Roberts C, Mandell M, Richman PB. Prevalence of traumatic hip and pelvic fractures in patients with suspected hip fracture and negative initial standard radiographs--a study of emergency department patients. Acad Emerg Med. 2005 Apr;12(4):366-9. 
- Dubey A, Koval KJ, Zuckerman JD. Hip fracture epidemiology: a review. Am J Orthop. 1999 Sep;28(9):497-506.