Pain in the Hands (both hands) Anatomy
To better understand hand pain (bilateral), it helps to understand the anatomy of the hand.
The anatomy of the hand includes:
- Phalanges or finger bones (14)
- Metacarpal bones:
- Articulate with the phalanges (5)
- Carpal bones:
- Articulate with the wrist (8)
- Blood vessels
- Strong bands that hold the joints together
- Strong bands that attach muscles to bones.
- When a muscle tightens, the tendon pulls on a bone causing an area to move.
- Cause movement by pulling on tendons.
- Skin and nails