Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain in adults pain in children ring removal warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Pain in the Fingernail after Injury Outlook
What to expect with fingernail injuries:
- Most fingernail injuries will result in growth of a new nail within 3 months.
- Severe injuries to the skin beneath the fingernail may cause permanent nail deformity.
PubMed Pain in the Fingernail after Injury References
- Campbell DA, Kay SP. The Hand Injury Severity Scoring System. J Hand Surg [Br]. 1996 Jun;21(3):295-8. 
- Chan J, Spencer J. Adaptation to hand injury: an evolving experience. Am J Occup Ther. 2004 Mar-Apr;58(2):128-39. 
- Gustafsson M, Ahlstrom G. Problems experienced during the first year of an acute traumatic hand injury - a prospective study. J Clin Nurs. 2004 Nov;13(8):986-95.