Pain in the Face Anatomy
To better understand facial pain, it helps to understand the anatomy of the face.
The bones of the face include:
- Frontal bone:
- Lower jaw
- Inner cheek bones
- Nasal bones
- Outer cheek bones
Anatomy of the face includes:
- Al-Din AS, Mir R, Davey R, Lily O, Ghaus N. Trigeminal cephalgias and facial pain syndromes associated with autonomic dysfunction. Cephalalgia. 2005 Aug;25(8):605-11. 
- Guler N, Durmus E, Tuncer S. Long-term follow-up of patients with atypical facial pain treated with amitriptyline. N Y State Dent J. 2005 Jun-Jul;71(4):38-42. 
- Hentschel K, Capobianco DJ, Dodick DW. Facial pain. Neurologist. 2005 Jul;11(4):244-9. 
- Korszun A. Facial pain, depression and stress - connections and directions. J Oral Pathol Med. 2002 Nov;31(10):615-9. 
- Larrier D, Lee A. Anatomy of headache and facial pain. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2003 Dec;36(6):1041-53, v.