Pain in the Ear after Injury Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of an ear injury.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Do I need surgery?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Will I need to be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for otitis externa?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Pain in the Ear after Injury Specialist
- Balbani AP, Sanchez TG, Butugan O, Kii MA, Angelico FV Jr, Ikino CM, D'Antonio WE. Ear and nose foreign body removal in children. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 1998 Nov 15;46(1-2):37-42. 
- Rozsasi A, Sigg O, Keck T. Persistent inner ear injury after diving. Otol Neurotol. 2003 Mar;24(2):195-200. 
- Steele BD, Brennan PO. A prospective survey of patients with presumed accidental ear injury presenting to a paediatric accident and emergency department. Emerg Med J. 2002 May;19(3):226-8.