Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment bladder exercises diet drugs specialist surgery Home Care warning signs Prevention Underlying Cause Anatomy
Pain During Urination after Intercourse Prevention
Prevention of urethral syndrome includes:
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid antihistamines:
- Avoid sedative medications:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Kegel exercises:
- Start regular exercises at 40 years of age if you are female.
- Lose weight if you are overweight.
- Women should wipe from front to back:
- This lowers the risk of urinary infections.
PubMed Pain During Urination after Intercourse References
- Haarala M, Kiilholma P, Lehtonen OP. Urinary bacterial flora of women with urethral syndrome and interstitial cystitis. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1999;47(1):42-4. 
- Mutlu B, Mutlu N, Yucesoy G. The incidence of Chlamydia trachomatis in women with urethral syndrome. Int J Clin Pract. 2001 Oct;55(8):525-6. 
- Skerk V, Schonwald S, Krhen I, Rusinovic M, Strapac Z, Vukovic J. Azithromycin and doxycycline in the treatment of female patients with acute urethral syndrome caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum: significance of duration of clinical symptoms. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 2001;27(4):135-9.