Pain after Herpes Zoster Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of post herpetic neuralgia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce the symptoms of post herpetic neuralgia?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Pain after Herpes Zoster Specialist
- Hardy D. Relief of pain in acute herpes zoster by nerve blocks and possible prevention of post-herpetic neuralgia. Can J Anaesth. 2005 Feb;52(2):186-90. 
- Haythornthwaite JA, Clark MR, Pappagallo M, Raja SN. Pain coping strategies play a role in the persistence of pain in post-herpetic neuralgia. Pain. 2003 Dec;106(3):453-60. 
- Rowbotham MC, Davies PS, Verkempinck C, Galer BS. Lidocaine patch: double-blind controlled study of a new treatment method for post-herpetic neuralgia. Pain. 1996 Apr;65(1):39-44. 
- Rowbotham MC, Fields HL. The relationship of pain, allodynia and thermal sensation in post-herpetic neuralgia. Brain. 1996 Apr;119 (Pt 2):347-54.