Paget's Disease Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Paget's disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for Paget's disease complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Paget's Disease Specialist
- Devogelaer JP. Modern therapy for Paget's disease of bone: focus on bisphosphonates. Treat Endocrinol. 2002;1(4):241-57. 
- Holgado S, Rotes D, Guma M, Monfort J, Olive A, Carbonell J, Tena X. Paget's disease of bone in early adult life. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005 Feb;64(2):306-8. 
- Langston AL, Ralston SH. Management of Paget's disease of bone. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2004 Aug;43(8):955-9.