Ovary Twisted Outlook
What to expect with ovarian torsion:
- Most women with ovarian torsion recover quickly if the condition is treated quickly.
- Delays in care can lead to loss of an ovary and an increased risk for complications.
Continue to Ovary Twisted Complications
- Giuntoli RL 2nd, Vang RS, Bristow RE. Evaluation and management of adnexal masses during pregnancy. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Sep;49(3):492-505. 
- Kalish GM, Patel MD, Gunn ML, Dubinsky TJ. Computed tomographic and magnetic resonance features of gynecologic abnormalities in women presenting with acute or chronic abdominal pain. Ultrasound Q. 2007 Sep;23(3):167-75. 
- Oelsner G, Shashar D. Adnexal torsion. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Sep;49(3):459-63. 
- Stevens E, Gilbert-Cohen J. Surgical considerations in early pregnancy: ectopic pregnancy and ovarian torsion. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2007 Jan-Mar;21(1):22-9.