Ovary Torsion Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of ovarian torsion.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having ovarian torsion again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Ovary Torsion Specialist
- Giuntoli RL 2nd, Vang RS, Bristow RE. Evaluation and management of adnexal masses during pregnancy. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Sep;49(3):492-505. 
- Kalish GM, Patel MD, Gunn ML, Dubinsky TJ. Computed tomographic and magnetic resonance features of gynecologic abnormalities in women presenting with acute or chronic abdominal pain. Ultrasound Q. 2007 Sep;23(3):167-75. 
- Oelsner G, Shashar D. Adnexal torsion. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Sep;49(3):459-63. 
- Stevens E, Gilbert-Cohen J. Surgical considerations in early pregnancy: ectopic pregnancy and ovarian torsion. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2007 Jan-Mar;21(1):22-9.