Ovary Torsion Incidence
Facts about ovarian torsion:
- Ovarian torsion has been reported to be the fifth most common gynecologic surgical emergency.
- Average age of a woman with ovarian torsion is 28
- Most cases occur in women under the age of 30
Continue to Ovary Torsion Risk Factors
- Giuntoli RL 2nd, Vang RS, Bristow RE. Evaluation and management of adnexal masses during pregnancy. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Sep;49(3):492-505. 
- Kalish GM, Patel MD, Gunn ML, Dubinsky TJ. Computed tomographic and magnetic resonance features of gynecologic abnormalities in women presenting with acute or chronic abdominal pain. Ultrasound Q. 2007 Sep;23(3):167-75. 
- Oelsner G, Shashar D. Adnexal torsion. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Sep;49(3):459-63. 
- Stevens E, Gilbert-Cohen J. Surgical considerations in early pregnancy: ectopic pregnancy and ovarian torsion. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2007 Jan-Mar;21(1):22-9.