Ovary Torsion Home Care
Home care for ovarian torsion includes:
- Surgical wound care
- Avoid caffeine.
- Stop smoking.
- For painful pelvic cramps:
- Take a warm bath
- Place a hot water bottle on the lower abdomen
- Place a heating pad on the lower abdomen
- Take prescribed medicine as directed.
- Acetaminophen for pain
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain:
Ovary Torsion Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if have pelvic pain and develop:
Continue to Ovary Torsion Outlook
- Giuntoli RL 2nd, Vang RS, Bristow RE. Evaluation and management of adnexal masses during pregnancy. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Sep;49(3):492-505. 
- Kalish GM, Patel MD, Gunn ML, Dubinsky TJ. Computed tomographic and magnetic resonance features of gynecologic abnormalities in women presenting with acute or chronic abdominal pain. Ultrasound Q. 2007 Sep;23(3):167-75. 
- Oelsner G, Shashar D. Adnexal torsion. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2006 Sep;49(3):459-63. 
- Stevens E, Gilbert-Cohen J. Surgical considerations in early pregnancy: ectopic pregnancy and ovarian torsion. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2007 Jan-Mar;21(1):22-9.