Facts about osteosarcoma:
- Osteosarcoma is rare: only about 400 cases are reported each year in the US.
- It is slightly more common in males.
- It is more common in African Americans.
Most Common Locations for Osteosarcomas
Continue to Osteosarcoma Risk Factors
- Bacci G, Lari S. Current treatment of high grade osteosarcoma of the extremity: review. J Chemother. 2001 Jun;13(3):235-43. 
- Hillmann A, Ozaki T, Winkelmann W. Familial occurrence of osteosarcoma. A case report and review of the literature. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2000 Sep;126(9):497-502. 
- Nakajima H, Sim FH, Bond JR, Unni KK. Small cell osteosarcoma of bone. Review of 72 cases. Cancer. 1997 Jun 1;79(11):2095-106.