Osteomyelitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of osteomyelitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having osteomyelitis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Osteomyelitis Specialist
- Bhavan KP, Kirmani N. Hematogenous vertebral osteomyelitis. Mo Med. 2009 Jul-Aug;106(4):277-82. 
- Guglielmo BJ, Luber AD, Paletta D Jr, Jacobs RA. Ceftriaxone therapy for staphylococcal osteomyelitis: a review. Clin Infect Dis. 2000 Jan;30(1):205-7. 
- Mandracchia VJ, Sanders SM, Jaeger AJ, Nickles WA. Management of osteomyelitis. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2004 Jul;21(3):335-51, vi. 
- Shuford JA, Steckelberg JM. Role of oral antimicrobial therapy in the management of osteomyelitis. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2003 Dec;16(6):515-9. 
- Steer AC, Carapetis JR. Acute hematogenous osteomyelitis in children: recognition and management. Paediatr Drugs. 2004;6(6):333-46.