Facts about osteochondroma:
- Osteochondromas are the most common type of benign bone tumors.
- About 1 out of 50,000 people in the US has an osteochondroma.
- They are most common in those between 10 to 20 years of age.
- These tumors are usually found in the bones of the leg, shoulder blade or pelvis.
Continue to Osteochondroma Symptoms
- Carpintero P, Leon F, Zafra M, Montero M, Berral FJ. Fractures of osteochondroma during physical exercise. Am J Sports Med. 2003 Nov-Dec;31(6):1003-6. 
- Jose Alcaraz Mexia M, Izquierdo Nunez E, Santonja Garriga C, Maria Salgado Salinas R. Osteochondroma of the thoracic spine and scoliosis. Spine. 2001 May 1;26(9):1082-5. 
- Murphey MD, Choi JJ, Kransdorf MJ, Flemming DJ, Gannon FH. Imaging of osteochondroma: variants and complications with radiologic-pathologic correlation. Radiographics. 2000 Sep-Oct;20(5):1407-34.