Osgood Schlatter Disease Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Osgood Schlatter disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Do I need medication?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having Osgood-Schlatter disease again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Osgood Schlatter Disease Specialist
- Hirano A, Fukubayashi T, Ishii T, Ochiai N. Magnetic resonance imaging of Osgood-Schlatter disease: the course of the disease. Skeletal Radiol. 2002 Jun;31(6):334-42. 
- Nowinski RJ, Mehlman CT. Hyphenated history: Osgood-Schlatter disease. Am J Orthop. 1998 Aug;27(8):584-5. 
- Ross MD, Villard D. Disability levels of college-aged men with a history of Osgood-Schlatter disease. J Strength Cond Res. 2003 Nov;17(4):659-63.